Other Ways to Help
We’re an organization that works between what is and what’s possible, but our funding from public dollars often falls far short of the needs of our children and families. So, as we strive for maximum development of our programs and thoughtful use of our resources, we rely on donations from individuals and businesses to help fill budgetary gaps. Outside of making a monetary donation, here are some other ways you can help.
Donate furniture or household items.
Because we care for so many, we frequently need the kinds of things you would expect to find in any home. Things like gently used furniture, new bedding, clothing, laundry supplies and games are all on our list of needs. When donating furniture contact Zach directly. Here’s what we can and cannot accept due to space or safety considerations:
What we can accept
- Clothing (new)
- Shoes (new and gently used)
- Twin sheet sets/pillowcases (new)
- Twin waterproof mattress covers (new)
- Towels and washcloths (new)
- Plastic reusable water bottles
- Duffel bags
- Laundry baskets and laundry supplies
- Art supplies and coloring books
- School supplies
- Journals (not spiral bound)
- Fidget toys (new)
- Face masks (new)
- Board and card games
- Newly released DVDs
- Feminine hygiene products
- Face wash
- Nail polish
What we cannot accept
- Used clothing
- Used bedding, sheets and pillows
- Clothing for older adults (we accept clothing that a kid would want to wear)
- High-heeled shoes, cleats and spikes
- Partially opened hygiene products
- Used towels and washcloths
- Aerosol spray cans
- Vitamins and supplements
- Used stuffed animals
- Metal water bottles
- Used toys
- Cribs, Pack 'n Plays and car seats
- Suitcases (wer prefer duffel bags due to space limitaitons)
- Books (please see our Amazon Book Wish List for specific needs)
- Scissors, razors and other sharp objects
Due to the generosity of community members like you, at this time, we have enough hygiene products to get us through the coming months and are out of space to store more products. While we will happily take your donation of hygiene products at a later date, please feel free to donate these items to other local charities in need.
Donate for the holidays.
Ellipsis has an ongoing wish list of toys and other items that can make the upcoming holiday season one to remember for our kids. You can view our list on Amazon. If there’s something you’d like to donate that’s not on our list, please contact us!
All these needs make every dollar we have essential to not only our success, but the success of the kids and families we serve. For more information or questions about our giving programs, contact Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider donating to help build successful futures in Iowa!